Labels

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Strawberry Cloud Cake or Strawberry short cake

Strawberries yum!  Its strawberry season, always make strawberry short cake for the kids and after running around to every store trying to find those little pre made round pound  cakes,  you know the ones, always sold this time of year in every store  along side of the strawberries.  Well,  finally I realized I just wasn't going to be  able find them any where... I then remembered  that in one of the stores  I had been, a employee had  said "Oh you mean those cakes by  hostess , we don't have any of them"   Which suddenly gave me a brilliant idea, (and rather then bake a homemade cake.)  I think Twinkies! that will work! ... They're   now called "Cloud Cake" by Little Debbie. Sure enough they work, even better than the little cakes i was looking for. I have  come up with  this, a yummy desert.

You'll Need:     Seves 4
4-6 Cloud Cakes (little Debbies)
1 contanier  Cool whip
1 1/2 quarts strawberries,hulled
1 tablespoon strawberry jelly
Few tablespoon water



  Clean, slice your strawberries into quarters. In a Medium bowl; whisk 1 tablespoon water and 1 tablespoon strawberry jam until smooth. Add the strawberries to coat; set aside




cut up your cloud cakes about 1 1/2 for each serving 
Set aside half of the cut cake, Using the other  half of the  cut cake; divide equally among  4 serving dishes placing in the bottom, drizzle some of the strawberry juice from the sliced strawberries over the cake.

Fold a few tablespoons of cool whip into the sliced berries;
  
spoon over the  first layer of cake in your serving dishes. 
 layer the set  aside cake over the top of each serving, and then  top with cool whip and a strawberry.
serve
The kids loved it!! Even more so than the classic strawberry short cake
YUMMY GOOD!





7 comments:

  1. Just found your blog!
    Now following!
    Looking forward to keeping up and getting to know you. :)

    I also have a blog design site. If you ever need a custom blog design, check it out. Christinaloranedesigns.blogspot.com

    xo
    Christina
    pieceitalltogetherx3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing! :) I've never heard of cloud cake but I would try this quickly! I followed you here from the Marvelous Mondays link party! Also, I’d like to invite you to come link up with me at my link party! I’d love it if you could stop by & link up some of your recipes! Here's the link: http://anyonitanibbles.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/tasty-tuesdays-15-9-recipes-youll-love.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you made it to the party! Thank you so much for linking up with me this week at Tasty Tuesdays! I’ve pinned this & shared it with my followers! Please be sure to stop back by the party and check out some of the other links!

      Delete
  3. I'm a new follower via GFC from the blog hop. Please follow back at http://butterflyintheattic.blogspot.com/2013/06/summer-picnics-upcycled.html

    Also if you wouldn't mind stopping by www.PostcardsInTheAttic.com. It is my first attempt at a free-standing Web Store and it is moving rather slowly. Tweet, "like" whatever you can do would be greatly appreciated and helpful.

    Have a blessed day
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I will definitely try it out. Thanks for sharing and love your awesome blog.
    I am your newest follower from Blog Hop. Followed you via Linky Followers and GFC.

    Feel free to visit, leave a comment and follow me @ www.revampspunkyrena.com

    Love
    Rena

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM. Strawberries... cloud cakes. Perfect. Thanks for sharing on Foodie friends Friday and I hope you will join us next week with more yummy recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday!" I am featuring this recipe this week! :-) Congratulations! :-) :-) Be sure to stop by and grab an "I've been featured" button from my sidebar for your blog. The post should go live around 11pm Eastern on Monday evening. Many blessings, Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!